Whether you’re getting hitched or attending a wedding, here are 9 beauty tips for the perfect nuptials this summer…
- A monthly facial is a great way to enhance your complexion before the big day – and you can maximise the impact by adding a primer or serum to your daily routine, creating an even smoother surface before you apply your foundation. Dermalogica’s Hydrablur Primer offers three benefits in one formula: intense hydration, neutral coverage and pore-refining properties.
- Weekly manicures are a great way to keep your hands and nails healthy and gorgeous in the run-up to the wedding – and by maintaining lovely nails, there’s less chance of any disasters right before you say, “I do”. Top up your treatments with a brilliant lotion: we love Dermalogica Age Smart Multivitamin Hand and Nail Treatment.
- Many brides have a hair “rehearsal” before their nuptials – but make-up trials are just as important. Book at least three or four trials with different artists as their styles and products can vary considerably. If you’re a guest, you can still trial different looks and products before the wedding: the more prepared you are, the better you’ll look on the day!
- If your dress – or outfit – shows off your upper arms, add some weights to your usual workout routine to tone up. Contrary to popular belief, you won’t end up looking like a bodybuilder! Use small dumbbells once or twice a week and you’ll soon see a subtle difference.
- If you want a golden glow on your wedding day, start applying your self-tan slowly and gradually in the weeks before the wedding to avoid disasters and to have more control over your shade. Avoid applying any self-tan in the day or two before the wedding, as you really don’t want tidemarks on your bridal gown! For the very latest in self-tanning technology, try St. Tropez’s Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion, a convenient way to build a sun-kissed, gradual glow, that provides up to 24-hours of moisturisation.
- Brows need some serious, long-term prep too – avoid getting them shaped right before the wedding in case you don’t like the results. See a salon specialist around 3-6 months before the wedding and make sure you talk to them about your brow preferences before they start threading or waxing. On the day, keep the shape looking perfect with CiD’s Transparent iFix. Like a hair styling product for the brows, the smooth, waxy texture of the rounded tip tames brow hairs into place and adds definition without adding colour.
- Berry lips are in! Brides are ditching their traditional crimson and petal pink pouts for a deeper shade of plum…and it looks particularly stunning in summer. Guests can copy the trend too, making a bold statement to contrast with a pretty tea dress or smart wedding suit. Get the look with CiD’s i-Pout in Plumberry, a creamy vitamin E enriched formulation for lasting wear.
- Face masques are so fashionable at the moment – and they’re perfect for the build up to a wedding. Our all-time fave is Dermalogica’s Skin Hydrating Masque, giving your skin in-depth moisture, it shields against premature ageing by using vital antioxidants, soothing, protecting, calming and restoring skin.
- Lip masques are another big beauty trend that brides and wedding guests can adopt to craft a flawless look: they deep condition for a next-level pout. If you’re looking for a daily boost for your pre-wedding pout, try Murad’s Rapid Collagen Infusion for Lips: this product uses enhanced collagen technology to instantly plump and restore volume, while powerful hydration boosters give silky smooth and soft lips.