The NEW Dermalogica Nightly Lip Treatment product is available to buy!!
Say goodnight to lip lines: Dermalogica’s new Nightly Lip Treatment smooths away laugh and feather lines while you sleep. This rich overnight formula firms, hydrates, and restores skin on and around the lips, improves skin elasticity, and helps control ageing before it starts.
As we age, the formation of vertical lines above the upper lip, sagging in the perioral (mouth) region, and feathering outside of the lips become more pronounced – especially for those with a history of smoking. Though the eyes are often thought to show the first signs of ageing, the lip and mouth area develop some of the most dramatic visible differences.
Both intrinsic (physiological) and extrinsic (external) factors contribute. Lips lack the protective outer layer (strateum corneum) that facial skin has, and fewer layers overall (3-5 layers versus the face’s 16). Lips also lack the same composition of oil and sweat glands that provide moisture to other areas of the face, while at the same time, saliva dries out lips’ natural oils. As a result, moisture evaporates from lips faster than the rest of the face, contributing to visible lines and feathering.
Ageing in the mouth region, including marionette lines and nasolabial folds, can also be caused from collagen breakdown from damaging UV rays, trans-epidermal water loss (TEWL), smoking, drinking through a straw, and whistling. It’s no laughing matter: lip lines can be caused by using your lips!
To address the signs of ageing unique to the perioral region, experts at Dermalogica have created Nightly Lip Treatment to firm, hydrate, and restore skin. Key ingredients include:
- Indian Gentian Extract helps reduce skin fragility and reduce the appearance of wrinkles around the lips
- Volumizing technology helps to volumize lips and reduce the appearance of fine lines.
- Sesame Seed Extract helps smooth and decrease the appearance of nasolabial fold lines, wrinkles, and roughness
- Shea Butter increases hydration and improves skin elasticity while restoring barrier function against visible signs of ageing
- Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract and Glycerin complex helps enhance skin hydration and smooth lips
Skin repairs itself during sleep, making nighttime an ideal time to treat and prevent skin ageing. To use, after cleansing, apply Nightly Lip Treatment generously, and massage into skin on and around the lip area.
Nightly Lip Treatment is offered in a 10ml bottle featuring an airless pump and cooling metal applicator. Contains apx 80 applications.