As festival season is well and truly underway we want to share with you our festival essentials as we all know that as much as we think we can live without our beauty products and live in a tent with no shower for 4 days sometimes that is not the case and we need the odd few beauty products to get us through and to make us feel human. Here is our festival beauty check list –
- Dry Shampoo and conditioner in 1! We love the Loreal Professionnel Mythic Oil Brume Sublimatrice, condition and cleanse festival hair! A dry conditioning retouch product with a weightless feel and is suitable for all hair types. Ideal if you don’t have greasy roots, so don’t need a dry shampoo, but you want to refresh your dry hair and avoid over-washing.
- Sun Cream! We recommend the Decleor Protective Hydrating Milk for Body SPF 30. We all know that we should be wearing sun cream in the summer months especially when exposed to the sun all day at a festival however, this will also double as a body moisturiser! A medium protection non-greasy cream to safely protect the body from sun exposure. The skin is protected and can safely develop a natural and long lasting tan. Suitable for all skin types.
- Hair brush and bands.
- Deodorant , obviously.
- Wet Wipes, these can make you feel clean even when you really aren’t, double up as loo roll and are great for when you get covered in mud.
- If you are a skin care junkie and can’t go without a good cleanse and are totally against makeup wipes then micellar water is a great way to leave your skin feeling super clean and thoroughly cleansed. We recommend the Elemis Smart Cleanse Micellar Water, which effectively removes make up and the daily build-up of skin pollutants to reveal a clear, radiant complexion. You will just need a few cotton pads and you are good to go.
- Tooth brush and paste.
- Make up. When it comes to makeup, you probably aren’t going to want to spend hours applying a full face that you are going to sweat off in about an hour. Use something light on the skin that isn’t going to look awful as it fades throughout the day. We love the Ren Skincare Radiance Satin Perfection BB Cream SPF15. A BB cream will leave the skin looking flawless, even toned and luminous with a perfect non oily, satin finish. It will also add moisture to your skin and this one also provides your SPF. That’s 3 beauty essentials in 1. Sold. Don’t take your whole makeup bag and use makeup that can be doubled up and used in more than 1 place on the face. Lip and check stains. Bronzer and highlighters can be used as eye shadows. Then finally, glitter!
- Hand Sanitizer
- Lip Balm
A few luxury extras if you can squeeze them in:
A mist. A mist will keep you refreshed, awake and cool in the morning and throughout the day. The Ren Skincare Flash Defence Anti Pollution Mist is amazing as it also has added benefits of instantly protects skin from major urban pollutants. It is a fine mist that instantly shields and protects the skin from the ageing effects of harmful free radicals and environmental pollution.
Perfume. A roller ball perfume are ideal for festivals. A great size, portable and will make you smell delicious. Elemis have a great new life elixir range which contains some great summer scents.
If you have the luxury of a shower then take a Spongelle! You will not be disappointed. These are amazing for travel as it saves you your whole shower. These are a sponge, body wash and body exfoliator in 1 so you can feel extra clean. These luxurious buffers are designed to moisturise and rejuvenate your skin from neck to toe.