The schools have now finished, and everyone is going to start jetting away on their summer holidays! Here is our ultimate Beauty holiday guide to cover everything which includes our top holiday picks, some must have travel essentials and products to keep you refreshed and hydrated.
If you are one of those people who doesn’t like to lay in the sun, but you still want that holiday glow then fake it! Faking your glow can end up looking just as good as a natural tan and will save you having to lay in the sun, sweating, roasting and potentially burning. We love the Fake Bake Flawless Darker tan. Not only will deepen your colour, but also help your tan to last even longer. If you love to lay in the sun and get tanning then of course don’t forget your SPF but also use products to help enhance your tan, products like the Decleor Aromessence Solaire Tan Activating Serum for Face will prepare the skin for sun exposure and boost tanning. If you are paler then you would like and want a base colour before you get to your holiday destination then start using a gradual tan the week before, it will look natural and be a light base for any tan to follow. The Decleor Systeme Corps Gradual Glow Hydrating Body Milk is a light moisturiser that helps intensely nourish and gradually tan the body.
The most important thing. Do not forget to protect your skin. Find an SPF that works for you and that you love. There is something out there for everyone whether that it a physical or chemical sunscreen, a moisturising one, a straight forward sun cream or SPF included in other products. You would have had it drilled into you the importance on SPF and looking after your skin therefore, we will just skip to the part of our favourite picks –
– Dermalogica Protection 50 Sport SPF50, water-resistant, broad spectrum sun protection. This sheer solar protection treatment defends against prolonged skin damage from UV light and environmental assault.
– Medik8 Advanced Day Total Protect, Total Anti-Ageing Moisturiser (SPF 30). Anti-A.G.E. moisturiser with sun protection.
– Decleor Protective Hydrating Milk for Body SPF 30, A medium protection non-greasy cream to safely protect the body from sun exposure.
– Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream SPF30, the bestselling anti-wrinkle cream has now been formulated with a revolutionary blend of sunscreen.
Take a look here of different ways to include SPF into your normal skincare routine
Have a read here about the difference of physical and chemical sunscreen to determine which one is better for you
Obviously, toiletries are an essential when away as we need to clean and look after our skin and now all your favourite beauty products, skincare, haircare and body products are now available in travel sizes which are ideal for packing and for holidays, especially if you have limited space or hand luggage only. You will not have to compromise your normal routine and the products you know work for you.
Whilst on holiday you should tweak your skincare and haircare routine a bit if possible, you will be in new environments and temperatures that your skin and hair may not be used to therefore, you may need to add a few additions products/ switch a few up in your routine to accommodate. The chlorine and sea water can take it’s toll on your hair. Using sun products will help to keep your hair hydrated and in a healthy condition.
– Loreal Professionnel Solar Sublime Masque – Repairs and nourishes hair exposed to the sun, sea water or chlorine in pools. Instantly softens and revitalises the hair fibre to leave hair soft and shiny.
– Loreal Professionnel Solar Sublime Shampoo – Nourishes and repairs hair exposed to sun, sea water, and swimming pool chlorine.
– Kerastase Soleil Micro Voile Protecteur– anti-photo degradation leave in sun care treatment with micro-diffused UV Defense protection for coloured hair with low to medium sensitivity.
– Wella SP Sun After Sun Fluid– provides your hair with long lasting hydration whilst protecting your hair and skin from drying out.
The sun may also sensitize your skin and leave it dehydrates and a bit sensitive therefore, add hydration when possible and keep it soothed.
– Dermalogica Barrier Defense Booster. This concentrated oil booster soothes, nourishes and moisturises to restore balance to sensitive skin.
– Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster -A super-saturated hydrating fluid for the driest of skin conditions that intensely moisturizes thirsty skin as it smoothes and minimizes fine lines. Can be mixed in with normal moisturiser for added hydration.
– Medik8 Hydr8 B5 Serum. A light-weight and non-greasy gel formulation to effectively hydrate, relieve and restore moisture balance in both dry and oily skin types.
– Decleor Aromessence Neroli Amara Hydrating Oil Serum. This 100 percent natural face oil serum gives skin a hit of hydration and boost of radiance, whilst soothing the senses.
Most of the time on holiday in the heat, we want to keep our makeup light and fresh looking. This can be easily achieved by using more cream based products, they look more youthful and dewy on the skin. Swap out your foundation for a light bb/cc cream or tinted moisturiser and then only spot conceal if you and where you need it. Applying creams will allow your skin to breathe a bit more and will make your skin look more like skin than makeup. Apply the creams with a damp beauty blender for the the most natural skin-like results.
Being on holiday is also a great time to whip out all your glowing and bronzey makeup products. Rather than the usual contour trend, add bronzer to anywhere the sun would naturally hit you – forehead, across the cheeks and nose and the outside of the face, this will help you to look extra sun kissed. Add highlighter to all the normal spots – cheek bones, brow bone, inner corner of eye, bridge of nose and cupids bow and watch the sun reflect for a summer glow!
Enjoy your Holiday x