Not jetting off this year to lay on a sun bed in boiling hot weather? If you are having a staycation at home for a few days/ an English get away or just a needed long weekend at home to feel relaxed and refreshed we have got the tips, tricks and products to help you feel rejuvenated and ready to go again for the second half of the year.
Take the time for yourself and pamper yourself. Allowing time for yourself and treating your body will leave you feeling good and relaxed. Here is a list of we like to do to pamper ourselves, make us feel refreshed and what makes us feel ready to go again;
- Take a long relaxing bath with some bath oils/ salts for a real spa like experience. We love the Elemis Clarity Bath and Shower Elixir
- Take the time to exfoliate, shave and apply a hair mask. A mask that can be applied and left on for 15-20 minutes is a great idea as it will force you to relax in that time. Try the Redken All Soft Heavy Cream -intense, inside-out softness, sleekness and brilliant shine.
- Face Masks. There is 1 for every skin type and sometimes multiple for skin types. Whether you are multi masking or just need a quick fix to combat a skin concern, a mask helps you to feel pampered. Find your go to face mask here – https://www.beautyflash.co.uk/cat-face-and-body/face-masques.html
- Add a tinted body moisturiser. This will give you a gorgeous and natural summer glow and that instantly makes you look healthier and will fake the look of a sunny vacation! We love the Decleor Systeme Corps Gradual Glow Hydrating Body Milk -A light moisturiser that helps intensely nourish and gradually tan the body. We all know that life is better with a tan.
- Sleep is the no.1 thing we all want and need to feel relaxed and refreshed. Sleep problems are experienced by up to 45% of the global population, affecting our health and quality of life. To help enhance your sleep and help to maximise the quality of your sleep then try the Dermalogica Sound Sleep Cocoon – Transform by night, glow by day. A night gel-cream that harnesses the power of nature with science to promote sound sleep and healthy, radiant skin! This revitalising treatment gel-cream optimises night-time skin recovery with active ingredients that take advantage of the body’s overnight recovery and repair process to transform skin by morning, along with motion activated essential oils to promote deep, restful sleep for healthier looking skin.
- Minimise phone time – I know it is hard to do however, it will help, you to unwind and it will feel more like a break and time away from the world!
- Any time away from your normal routine can make you feel like you have had a break therefore, plan some nice activities that you wouldn’t normally do or that you have always wanted to do so it makes the time a bit more special.
Here are some of our top activities –
- Catch up with friends
- Have some delicious food lunches and dinners out
- Go to the beach
- Long walks in the woods/ any outdoors
- A spot of shopping
- View the famous city sites
Here are some of our top UK staycation destinations;
- Lake District
- Cornwall- Perranporth