If you haven’t been using makeup primer, then you are really missing out. Whether you wear a full face of makeup everyday or you prefer to keep it simple with BB cream and tinted lip balm, makeup primer is a godsend when trying to combat shine or create a smooth base for foundation.
Yet, many people often skip this step because they believe they don’t really need it. Here are the benefits to using makeup primer. Once you use it, you will never know how you did without!
- Seals Pores – One of the main benefits of using a makeup primer is it seals your pores. This means that your makeup sits on top of your skin and doesn’t clog your pores, which is what causes pimples. So it means clearer skin!
- Softens Skin – It seems to make it velvety soft, which enhances the smooth effects it has on your makeup appearance.
- Smoother Makeup – Makeup application goes on so much smoother. This means your using less foundation that you did before, saving you money in the long run.
- Makeup stays in place longer – Primers help decrease sweating through the pores, which makes your makeup stay in place longer. They also act as a natural shield for dust, water and debris that might make your makeup wear off.
- Reduce Redness – Another benefit to using makeup primers is they reduce redness and won’t irritate your skin.
- Fills in Acne Scars – Makeup primer goes on smoothly over your skin and fills in any holes in your face that are often caused my acne. It gives your skin an even surface for your makeup to be applied over giving a more flawless look.