About Spotlight Oral Care...
Founded in 2016 by sisters and professional dentists Dr. Lisa and Vanessa Creaven, Spotlight Oral Care aims to provide safe and effective oral care products which are non toxic and are formulated with the highest quality ingredients for amazing results.
Dr. Lisa and Vanessa Creaven run their own very successful dental practice in Galway offering all aspects of dentistry including teeth whitening, veneers, implants, composite bonding and much more. The sisters soon spotted a gap in the market as their patients struggled to find safe and effective oral care products to target specific needs at home, with their extensive knowledge and passion for dental care Spotlight Oral Care was born.
Spotlight’s top 10 tips to nail your oral care routine at home:
1. Brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes - Put that timer on!
2. Don’t forget to brush your tongue! - Bacteria on the tongue causes bad breath and tooth decay
3. Flossing - Flossing removes plaque in hard to reach areas that you toothbrush might not!
4. Avoid sugary food and drinks (that includes fruit!) - Eating large amounts of sugary foods can lead to tooth decay and sensitivity.
5. Know what's in your oral care products - Look for products that contain key ingredients such as fluoride and casein phosphopeptide
6. Avoid staining your teeth - Try not to drink dark coloured liquids such as tea, coffee and red wine which can stain your teeth.
7. Be wary of whitening fads - Avoid using gritty products that stick to your teeth like charcoal or baking soda which can damage your enamel.
8. Keep hydrated - drink at least two litres of water per day which helps to produce saliva that is your mouth’s antiseptic and helps prevent decay.
9. Avoid smoking - Smoking can cause your teeth to yellow and make you more prone to gum disease and inflammation.
10. Regular check-ups - You should visit your dentist for a dental exam at least every six months
Shop all Spotlight Oral Care formulas online at Beauty Flash. Authorised Spotlight Oral Care stockist.